The accolades keep coming for Red Berenson.

After being honored with a formal rink dedication of the “Red Berenson Rink” at Yost Ice Arena earlier this month, the legendary former Michigan hockey coach — who retired at the end of last season — was named the 2018 Hobey Baker Legends of College Hockey Award recipient Tuesday.

The annual award is presented by the Hobey Baker Memorial Award Committee to honor “one of the all-time great contributors to the game of college hockey.”

And after three years as a Michigan varsity letterwinner and another 33 behind the Wolverines’ bench, Berenson’s accomplishments in Ann Arbor cemented him as one of those contributors.

The ultimate “Michigan man” since 1959, Berenson came from Regina, Saskatchewan and played four years of hockey for the Wolverines. The Canadian was named All-American twice, the 1962 WCHA Most Valuable Player and a team captain his senior season.

Berenson would go on to play 17 years in the NHL as a member of the New York Rangers, St. Louis Blues, Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens — with which he won two Stanley Cups — and coached in the NHL until 1984. He then returned to his alma mater as head coach and immediately rebuilt the Michigan hockey program into the storied one it is today.

With Berenson at the helm, the Wolverines captured 21 conference championships and qualified for the NCAA Tournament in 23 of his last 27 seasons. From 1991 to 2012, Michigan made 22 straight tournaments, an NCAA record that still stands. Berenson led the Wolverines to 11 Frozen Fours and two national championships, in 1996 and 1998.

Berenson retired with the fourth-most wins in NCAA hockey history with an 848-426-92 career record. He also groomed two Hobey Baker Memorial Award winners, 73 NHL players and 140 Academic All-Big Ten selections.

Berenson will be honored on May 28 in St. Paul, Minn., at the annual Hobey Baker Award Banquet. He becomes the third Michigan coach to be named an honoree, following Vic Heyliger and Al Renfrew, who were inductees in 1982 and 1990, respectively.