Another Wolverine will join President-elect Donald Trump’s cabinet, as Dr. Ben Carson was announced as the administration’s pick for secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development on Monday.

Carson will join fellow University medicine alum U.S. Rep. Dr. Tom Price (R-GA), who was announced as Trump’s head of the Department of Health and Human Services last Tuesday, in Trump’s cabinet.

As head of HUD, Carson will be in charge of ensuring the organization meets its stated goal of creating “strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.” Carson, a Detroit native, notably spent part of his childhood in public housing.

Carson hinted at the possibility of a forthcoming announcement regarding the position in a Facebook post on Nov. 23, writing that he believes he can make a significant contribution to helping improve inner cities.

“I feel that I can make a significant contribution particularly to making our inner cities great for everyone,” Carson wrote in the post. “We have much work to do in strengthening every aspect of our nation and ensuring that both our physical infrastructure and our spiritual infrastructure is solid.”

Carson is Trump’s first African-American cabinet pick and Trump said in a statement Monday he is excited to nominate Carson to the position due to his passion for strengthening families and communities.

“I am thrilled to nominate Dr. Ben Carson as our next Secretary of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development,” Trump said in the statement. “Ben Carson has a brilliant mind and is passionate about strengthening communities and families within those communities.”

A political outsider before announcing his candidacy in the 2016 Republican primaries, Carson has never held a government position. He served as Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University from 1984 to 2013.