The No. 11 Michigan football team will wear all-maize jerseys when it takes the field Saturday afternoon against No. 17 Florida, the Wolverine athletic department announced Monday.

The jerseys, which have been revealed on Twitter, bear a resemblance to the Color Rush uniforms many NFL teams wore last season.

“They’re very cool,” said fifth-year senior fullback Henry Poggi of the all-maize uniforms. “It’s always cool to wear something new. I’m a pretty simple guy, not decked out in a bunch of crazy stuff, but we’re excited to wear something different.

“Nothing wrong with the (usual) uniforms — I love the uniforms. We’ve got the best uniforms. It’s cool to do something different every once and a while.”

The last time Michigan wore all-maize jerseys was against the U.S. Naval Academy in 1928. Though, it will be the sixth time since 2011 that the Wolverines have used alternate jerseys, and the first time doing so with the Jordan brand gear.

Michigan fans have reacted strongly both for and against alternate uniforms before. When Notre Dame came to Ann Arbor for the memorable “Under The Lights” game of 2011, the Wolverines wore throwback jerseys with the block ‘M’ on the front of the jersey and stripes on the shoulders. The throwback uniforms were not well received by most Michigan faithful.

The alternate jerseys for Saturday’s game are more conventional, but will likely spark debate anyway.

The Gators will also sport alternate uniforms, dressing head to toe in blue.

The highly anticipated season opener for the Wolverines has been surrounded by hype and the usual Harbaugh tactics (not releasing the roster, not naming a starting quarterback, etc.). The new uniforms add to the excitement, but the players have insisted they are solely focused on coming out with a win.

“We just look as it as a business trip,” said fifth-year senior fullback Khalid Hill. “We want to go out and give our best as a team to get the win. … Now that the opportunity has come up (to play Florida), we’re ready.”

Added Poggi: “You get the butterflies going. It’s going to be great. Not many people say they get to play at Cowboys Stadium, so it’s really a special experience.”