The Weekend List

Friday 1.13.05

Bollywood Satirized

The Institute for Research on Women and Gender presents a critical exhibition of the filmmaking capital of Asia. The exhibit, featuring photos by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew, will begin at 8 a.m. at Lane Hall. Admission is free.

LGBT Parenthood

The Office of Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Affairs presents a discussion of LGBT parenting experiences. The brown bag lunch begins at noon at the Michigan Union. Admission is free.

Keynote Lecture and Video Discussion

The University Musical Society presents Carla Maxwell's discussion of Jose Limon's Dance Company. Former company members, Peter Sparling and Gay Delanghe will join her. The presentation is at 6 p.m. in the Hussey Room of the Michigan League. Admission is free.

The Hard Lessons at the Halfway Inn

The East Quad Music Co-Op presents The Hard Lessons, who will be performing alongside The Avatars and Tyvek. The show begins at 9:30 p.m. at the Halfway Inn. The show is all ages and tickets are $5 at the door.

Saturday 1.14.05

Ballroom Dance Lessons

The University Ballroom Dance team offers a chance for beginners to learn Latin and Standard dance steps. The course begins at 4:30 p.m. at the CCRB dance room. A partner is not necessary. The first three lessons are free and there is a $40 fee for the rest of the term.

Green Eyes

Brian Mazzaferri, Eli Zoller and choreographer Lizzie Leopold present "Green Eyes," a performance incorporating film, music and dance. The two shows begin at 7:30 and 10 p.m. at the Duderstadt Center in the Media Union Video Studio. Admission is free.

Sunday 1.15.05

U-M Life Sciences Orchestra Concert

The U-M Life Sciences Orchestra presents a concert of Scottish and British music under the conduction of John Goodell. The show begins at 4 p.m. at Hill Auditorium. Admission is free.

Rachael Davis

Contemporary-folk artist and Michigan native Rachael Davis will be performing at the Ark. Doors are at 7 p.m. and the concert begins at 7:30. Tickets are $11 and available online or at the door.