The Weekend List

Friday 10.14.05

Arthur Miller Tribute

This naming ceremony of the Walgreen Drama Center and Arthur Miller Theatre will feature a look back on the life of the legendary playwright. The ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. in the Rackham Auditorium. The event is free and no tickets are required.

The 313

This Detroit-based improvisational comedy group will bring their act to Ann Arbor. The performance will take place tomorrow at 8 and 10 p.m. at the Improv Inferno. Tickets are $15 for the 8 p.m. show and $20 for the 10 p.m. show and can be purchased at Improv Inferno.

1918

The Department of Theatre and Drama will present "1918," part seven of a nine-part play about World War I. The performance will take place tomorrow and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Trueblood Theatre in the Frieze Building. Tickets are $16 or $9 with a student ID and can be purchased at the Michigan Union Ticket Office.

The Boys of Syracuse

This play looks at Shakespeare's works in a musical setting. The performance will take place tomorrow and Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. at the Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre. Tickets are $16-$22 or $9 with a student ID and can be purchased at the theater or online through music.umich.edu.

Saturday 10.15.05

Chester String Quartet

The quartet, which is in residence at the University until December, will present their first concert, which will feature pieces by Mozart, among others. The performance will take place at 8 p.m. in the Britton Recital Hall at the School of Music. The performance is free and no tickets are required.

Electric Six

The Detroit-based sextet, who performs a combination of hard rock and funk music, will perform with The Woggles. The performance will take place at the Blind Pig. Doors open at 8 p.m. $10 cover. 18 and up only.

Sunday 10.16.05

Kelly Joe Phelps

Kelly Joe Phelps: Acoustic blues guitarist Kelly Joe Phelps will perform with special guest Paul Curreri. The concert will take place at The Ark beginning at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at The Ark or at www.theark.org.