Kidman is Hollywood salary queen

Published December 1, 2006

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Nicole Kidman is the queen of Hollywood - at least when it comes to money.

The Oscar winner, who earns as much as $17 million per movie, tops the fifth annual list of highest-paid actresses released Wednesday by The Hollywood Reporter.

Never mind that the actress has had a rough year. She starred in just two movies, "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus," which has widely been dismissed by critics and audiences, and "Flushed Away," Dreamwork's middle-of-the-road CGI feature.

Kidman, 39, ranked second on last year's list behind four-time top-earner Julia Roberts, who didn't make the list this year. Forgoing Kidman's struggles, she avoided Hollywood altogether this past year, passing her time out of the limelight with her 2-year-old twins.

In second place, with $15 million per movie, was Reese Witherspoon, 30, who won the best-actress Oscar this year for her performance in "Walk the Line."

Witherspoon has also starred in no films this year.

Renee Zellweger, Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz placed third, fourth and fifth, respectively. They also get $15 million for each film.

Rounding out the top 10 are Halle Berry ($14 million), Charlize Theron ($10 million), Angelina Jolie ($10 million), Kirsten Dunst ($8 million to $10 million) and Jennifer Aniston ($8 million).

The list will appear in the Women in Entertainment Power 100 issue to be published by The Hollywood Reporter on Dec. 5.