2012-05-02

Monday, April 21, 2014

May 3, 2012 - 12:10pm

Missing student reportedly seen near North Campus

BY JACOB AXELRAD

In an interview Wednesday with The Michigan Daily, LSA Junior and former CSG representative Brian Palmer said he saw missing University student Brice Moss turning left onto Plymouth Road from Murfin Avenue at about 11 p.m. last night.

Moss’s whereabouts have remained unknown since he was first reported missing by his family on Saturday afternoon after missing commencement.

Palmer said he was helping a friend move into the Baits I Residence Hall and as they were exiting the building Palmer said he saw a Beige and Silver Lincoln Town car, which matches the descriptions of Moss’s car.

Palmer said he remembered Moss’s car’s license plate number — BEF2737 — and then said he looked up the license plate number on the Facebook group titled “Help Find Our Friend Brice Moss,” and verified that the numbers were the same.

Palmer explained that he got a closer look at the driver and, because he has met Moss before, he was able to recognize that it was Moss driving the car. Palmer reported Moss to be wearing an orange zip-up jacket and glasses.

“At least it was a good sign that Brice is doing OK and he’s still here,” Palmer said. “That was kind of relieving.”

Palmer said he dialed 911 shortly after seeing Moss and was subsequently forwarded to the Ann Arbor 911 dispatcher. The dispatcher forwarded Palmer to the offices investigating Moss’s case.

Palmer said he was eventually directed to AAPD’s anonymous tip line.

AAPD spokesperson Lt. Renee Bush was unavailable for comment.

This is a developing story. Check back at michigandaily.com for updates.

|