Mosher-Jordan Dining Hall was closed Monday morning, announced via the MDining twitter account at 3:47 A.M.
PSA: MoJo will not open at normal times this morning due to a burst pipe. All other dining halls will operate on their regular schedules. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Stay tuned here for updates.
A new nine-story development, currently engaged in the City Council approval process, may be built on a currently vacant site next to the University of Michigan’s Medical Campus.
At its Nov. 20 meeting, the council unanimously approved the zoning necessary for the development, and Catherine Ann Development, the Bloomfield Hills company responsible for the project, will bring its designs to the council on Dec. 18 for a public hearing and final approval.
Ann Arbor’s deer cull is coming back, and it could bring widespread park closures around the city.
The deer cull has been a hotly debated topic among residents since City Council approved the procedure in August 2015. The proposal that passed outlined a four-year plan for deer management and the exploration of a deer fertility control program.
Tragedy struck this weekend at A2 STEAM, a K-8 Ann Arbor public magnet school program housed in Northside Elementary School, when a fire Saturday night killed several chickens being raised by A2 STEAM students.
The fire department was called about 9:20 p.m. with a report of flames on the side of the school. According to Derek Wiseley, Ann Arbor Fire Battalion chief, when firefighters arrived on the scene, they found the adjacent chicken coop to be on fire.
In an email sent to all students Monday afternoon, Central Student Government announced it will continue a program from the previous administration to encourage students to participate in Bystander Intervention training.