The room goes silent, the moment of truth awaits and the knife goes in, only to reveal the juicy, pink center of a perfectly cooked steak. Gordon Ramsay starts the applause and the crowd goes wild. Hungry foodies all over the nation salivate as they watch celebrities take the “MasterChef” stage for a shot to win $25,000 on behalf of a charity of their choosing. For the 100th episode, four rounds of celebrities rumbled through the culinary arena, each with their unique mystery box of ingredients and 60 minutes for the competing stars to live out their “MasterChef” dreams.

First up were “Empire” cast members Ta’Rhonda Jones and Kaitlin Doubleday, followed by a couples’s round with Terry Crews (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”) and his wife Rebecca King — Crews battling for the best cupcake against Boris Kodjoe (“The Last Man on Earth”) and Nicole Ari Parker (“Rosewood”). Lobsters were poached, cupcakes were decorated and Gordon Ramsay needed “a touch more salt.” But most anticipated in the “MasterChef” special was the appearance of today’s “it” girl, supermodel Gigi Hadid, who went head to head with fellow Victoria’s Secret Model Devon Windsor. Hadid, the self-proclaimed foodie of her famous girl squad, tore up the kitchen as she crossed off one of her ultimate bucket list items. Two hours later, as the celebrities said goodbye to their “MasterChef” glory, the rest of the world was just a bit hungrier and a lot more skeptical of the raving reviews the culinary professionals dished out to the amateur contestants.