Lena Finkel: Why we should all look up to the 'other' Kardashian sister

By Lena Finkel, Daily Gossip Columnist

Here’s to you, Khloé Kardashian.

Lamar Odom’s in rehab. He’s not in rehab. He’s a cheater. And a liar. And the biggest drug addict on the planet — bigger than Lindsay Lohan. Yup, once you get caught up in the whirlwind of gossip, it’s pretty much impossible to stop it. Too bad Odom seems to be trapped in that tornado. But the only thing worse than being Odom right now? Being his wife, Khloé.

Based on what the public knows, Khloé has done absolutely nothing wrong — other than marry a troubled man, of course. Yet she must face the constant stream of gossip, the pestering of the paparazzi and the news headlines around the web. Every day, more rumors come about, each more ridiculous than the last (How many girls did Odom supposedly cheat on Khloé with? Is it up to five now?). And this is all while her seemingly flawless sisters enjoy the picture-perfect family life with their boyfriends and babies.

But Khloé has long been portrayed as different from her sisters. Some call her the black sheep of the Kardashian clan, others call her the “ugly sister” (how mean!). But let’s call her what she really is: unlucky.

When Kim books multiple-page spreads in OK! Magazine, Khloé gets fired as the host of “X Factor: U.S.” While all of her sisters rock nearly perfect bodies (I mean, little sister Kendall is a model, for goodness sake!), Khloé sticks out like a sore thumb. And though her sister Kourtney has one of the most repulsive boyfriends around — c’mon, does anyone like Scott Disick? — even she isn’t facing all this drama.

Khloé has long been the other Kardashian sister, but I think we all know a few “Khloés” in our life. We’ve all seen that sorority girl who tries to fit into clothes two sizes too small just to look like her sisters or have had that friend who always seems to get upstaged, even on her birthday.

But being like Khloé K. doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Out of all her sisters, Khloé is seemingly the most “real” on camera and doesn’t hesitate to state her opinion. She’s blunt and bold and has stayed strong throughout all this Lamar drama. And even though she may be accused of just piggybacking off of Kim’s success (which, let’s be honest, is true to some extent), she’s really trying to come into her own. And hey, even though that “X Factor” gig didn’t pan out, I bet her momager, Kris, still has a few things up her sleeve!

Khloé’s more than the “other” sister, and she’s more than the ugly duckling. And if she uses her success right, she could definitely end up being a great role model (That means no more DUIs!). She could really be something to young girls with body image issues or girls who are having trouble fitting in. But she needs to play her cards right.

And Khloé’s starting to do just that. She began with her blog and used it to open up about her experiences getting bullied. She’s since moved on to bigger platforms, like her appearances on “E! News” and her interviews in Cosmopolitan U.K.

To “E!,” she spoke about getting bullied as young as age 9 for her bigger physique, and in Cosmo, she proclaimed, “I lost about 30 pounds before I did ‘Kourtney And Khloé Take Miami.’ I was feeling so good about myself, and I was still so critiqued. I thought, ‘Oh, my gosh, if I’m not good enough now …’ And that’s when something clicked in my brain: I have to do whatever is good for me.”

She may not be the queen of the anti-bullying campaign yet, but it looks like she’s making headway. Let’s all just hope that this Lamar nonsense will stop soon so she can get back to business!

So, here’s to Khloé Kardashian and all the young girls out there just like her. Hopefully she can take advantage of her (unwarranted) time in the spotlight and actually use her power for some good.