Hi. My name is K.C. Wassman and I am a procrastinator. I have watched Netflix, played QuizUp and even cleaned the bathroom instead of doing school work. Students across campus and the country share my addiction, but some feel the need to hide it.

You have all seen the signs of a closet procrastinator. They quickly close their Facebook tab, subtly play games on their phones and say they’re reading news articles for “research” — be honest, you’re probably reading this article as an escape from a final you should be studying for.

Procrastination is not something to be ashamed of. Embracing procrastination as an innate part of your work method can be frustrating, but also very rewarding. I freely admit that I procrastinate on a regular basis and I say it with a sense of pride.

Throughout my years in academia, I have learned to do large amounts of work in very short time periods. I know exactly when I need to start writing a paper in order to turn it in on time — the night before. While this isn’t a hard and fast rule, it’s the general principle behind my arguably successful academic pursuits.

I have spent countless late nights and early mornings writing papers, finishing projects and studying for exams. As expected, there were a few panic attacks, but those grew fewer and further between as I moved from freshman to senior year.

From nights in Markley to nights in the Union, I learned to relish my procrastination. Now I enjoy finding that perfect spot on campus to turn into a makeshift living room while I study and watch “30 Rock” simultaneously, and get a small jolt of energy after returning from every five-minute Tumblr break.

Some truly great moments happen while procrastinating. Once, I convinced my roommate to spend six hours watching “Breaking Amish” with me on Netflix. It’s neither one of our proudest accomplishments, but we’ll always remember it as a fun time we spent together in the months leading up to graduation.

Apart from giving me irreplaceable ⎯ cue Beyoncé song ⎯ memories, my penchant for procrastination led me to a job I loved. Freshman year, I joined The Michigan Daily to test my ability to work under a deadline. What is procrastination if not thriving under pressure? Four years and several breaking-news stories later, I am leaving the Daily poised to enter the media industry full time.

Procrastinating isn’t for everybody, but we all should try it at least once. Pulling an all-nighter to write a paper worth 15 percent of your grade and receiving an A on it is one of the best feelings in the world.

As I approach my final finals, I know exactly what I have to do to succeed: procrastinate. We all do it, so we may as well embrace it. Don’t feel bad for getting a good night’s rest this week instead of snoozing in weird positions on the UGLi tables. Recognize the time you need to work in order to succeed, and spend every other moment doing something you enjoy.

When the library is getting to be too much for you these next two weeks, get up and go outside. Find a friend to split a fishbowl or frolic in the Arb with, and if no one else understands your need to procrastinate, give me a call. My final finals week will include a lot of studying, but more importantly, it will include Dominick’s, Netflix and life outside of study rooms.