The University Insider is The Daily’s first faculty and staff-oriented newsletter. This weekly newsletter will give U-M faculty and staff the ability to see the most important issues on campus and in Ann Arbor — particularly those related to administrative decisions — from the perspective of an independent news organization. It will also provide a better understanding of student perspectives.

The University of Michigan launched its COVID-19 dashboard Thursday to track the number of tests and positive cases reported to University Health Service and Occupational Health Services.

Data from Wednesday shows there have been 13 positive cases — four students and nine non-students — reported over the past 14 days out of 695 tests for students and 611 for faculty during that time period.

Non-student data includes faculty, staff and alumni tested at UHS or OHS.

One person is currently in isolation and another four are quarantining due to possible exposure or while awaiting test results, according to data on the dashboard from Tuesday. As of then, occupancy of the University’s quarantine and isolation housing was at 0.8 percent.

Students living in on-campus housing may be required by the University to quarantine in alternative housing through an addition to the housing contract for the upcoming school year signed by students in June.

Data on the dashboard is representative of the Ann Arbor campus, meaning it is not reflective of cases on the University’s Flint and Dearborn campuses. The data excludes Michigan Medicine employees, which has its own dashboard that has been updated since the pandemic began.

There have been 97 student and 168 non-student positive tests since early March out of 7,349 total tests as of Wednesday, making the overall positivity rate approximately 3.6 percent. 

The dashboard will be updated daily.

Daily News Editor Alex Harring can be reached at harring@umich.edu.