Monday, November 24, 2014

Notebook: Hockey TV schedule released; Hunwick in AHL camp

Adam Glanzman/Daily

By Matt Slovin, Daily Sports Editor

Those looking to get their hockey fix during the fourth National Hockey League lockout in 19 years will have plenty of college games to enjoy.

The CCHA released its television schedule Monday, and a total of 55 games involving league teams will be shown on CBS Sports Network, FOX Sports Detroit, Comcast Television, Big Ten Network and NBC Sports Network.

CBS Sports and NBC Sports are available to a national audience, while Big Ten Network is regional. FOX Sports Detroit and Comcast are primarily limited to Michigan residents.

Of Michigan’s contests, 22 will be televised. Highlights include the conference opener against Miami (Ohio) on Oct. 26, the Great Lakes Invitational in late December (Fox Sports Detroit) and four games against Michigan State, including one at Joe Louis Arena on Feb. 2.

The full television schedule can be found here.

HUNWICK BACK STATESIDE: Former Michigan goaltender Shawn Hunwick is attending training camp for the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League, according to a report by the Providence Journal.

The article calls Hunwick a “last-minute” addition. Last year’s starter between the pipes for the Wolverines, Hunwick had been playing for EC Red Bull Salzburg of the Austrian Hockey League from July to September.

During his senior season at Michigan, Hunwick started 39 of the Wolverines' 40 games, allowing just two goals per game on average. He saved .932 of the shots he faced.

BERENSON ON AIR: The Red Berenson Radio Show returns Tuesday on Ann Arbor’s 1050 WTKA.

Michigan announced Monday that Jack Johnson, now of the Columbus Blue Jackets, will be the first alumni guest of the season. Meanwhile, junior defenseman Mac Bennett will be the first player guest.

The show is hosted at 6 p.m. weekly from The Arena Sports Bar and Grill in downtown Ann Arbor.

Correction appended: A previous edition of this article incorrectly named Jack Johnson's current NHL team.

|