Thursday, December 5, 2013
BY ANNA SADOVSKAYA
Though an ancient practice, tattoo artistry has long been shrouded in mystery and aversion, only recently seeing a refined emergence in the form of college students, young professionals and even businessmen and women who are enticed by the glowing “Tattoo Parlor” signs.
Letters from the Editor: Don't let Kanye's egoistic self-indulgence minimize his cultural significance
BY JOHN LYNCH
Since The College Dropout, Kanye’s once poignant social and political message has undoubtedly become increasingly misguided and egotistic in nature. As the substance of his message becomes increasingly diluted by fame or ego, it’s certainly our job as journalists to call him out on his mistakes.
BY KENNETH SALANDER
I understand that the music video is trying to provide eye candy for both genders, but honestly, it comes off as far too much.
BY AKSHAY SETH
Bubbly, intelligent dialogue, flashbulb-touched camera pans and a crooning, buoyant Johnny Mathis hit make up 60 percent of David O. Russell’s new trailer for “American Hustle.” The other 40 percent is hair.
Video Game Trailer Review: 'Ys: Memories of Calceta' more polished and technically complex than original
BY JULIAN AIDAN
Already receiving rave reviews, it appears the latest entry into the Ys series is worth taking for a run.
BY BRIANNE JOHNSON
Ever since Nurse Joan strapped my flailing limbs to the ducky-patterned table for a vaccine shot in 1999, I have been afraid of needles. So, of course, I decided to get a tattoo.
BY NATHAN WOOD
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, people: parties for hosting, marshmallows for toasting, caroling out in the snow … And in the world of food, there’s a lot more going on than just chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
BY DAILY ARTS WRITERS
Daily Arts Writers dig through recent streaming releases to pick the ones worth discovering or rediscovering.
BY JOSHUA FRAZIER
The remix may not have the longevity of the original track as a pop hit, but the catchy earworm hook and the engaging, candid verses warrant a look at the authentic emotions of some of rap’s largest stars.