Thursday, April 24, 2014

Paul King selected as executive director of C.S. Mott Children's Hospital

By Aaron Guggenheim, Managing News Editor
Published May 10, 2013

Paul King, president and CEO of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, has been selected to replace Patricia Warner as the executive director of C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital.

Warner retired in April 2012 after working for 35 years in a variety of administrative positions for the University of Michigan Hospital System. During her tenure, Warner oversaw the development and construction of the new $754 million complex that replaced the old hospital.

Dr. Chris Dickinson, who served as interim executive director of the hospital following Warner’s retirement, is set to return to his former position as pediatric chief medical officer.

King was chosen after a yearlong national search committee chaired by Doug Strong, CEO of University of Michigan Hospital and Health Centers.

Strong said in a press release that King was well qualified to be the new executive director.

“Paul has had a prominent role in hospital operations and also in leading a large physician group,” Strong said. “He understands all the partners needed to continue our efforts to serve our patients in the state of Michigan and beyond.”

Ora Pescovitz, CEO of UMHS and executive vice president for medical affairs, echoed Strong’s sentiments, adding that King was well positioned to guide the growth of the hospital.

“We are thrilled to have Paul join our team,” Pescovitz said in the release. “We’ve invested in a new facility, and we wanted a strong leader to guide strategic growth of our children’s and women’s programs and services.”

King said he was excited to start work at his new position.

“There is a very talented team in place and a wonderful new facility,” King said in the release. “I look forward to working with them to create a plan to take health care delivery to the next level.”

|