Donate to the Daily
In September 2015, The Michigan Daily will celebrate the completion of its 125th year providing top-quality coverage of the University of Michigan and the Ann Arbor community at large.
In light of this milestone and its immense financial need, the Daily is launching its 125th Anniversary Fundraising Campaign, detailed here. The Michigan Daily needs financial help in order to continue providing the high quality of content its readers have come to expect, and gifts of any size are immensely appreciated.
To donate, follow the steps listed below:
1. Hit the “Click to donate now” tab below.
2. Click “Search for funds” on the Student Publication donation homepage and type “Michigan Daily Program Fund” into the search box.
3. Click “Give now” under “Michigan Daily Program Fund - 314932.”
4. Enter the amount you would like to donate, and click “Proceed to Checkout.”
5. If you would like to earmark your funds for a specific short-term cause, check the “I would like to add a comment” box.
6. To support sports staff travel, type “Sports travel.” For news travel, type “News travel.” For photo equipment, type “Photo,” and for video equipment, type “Video.” Feel free to think of another specific cause, and we’ll let you know if there’s any issue allocating the money to whatever cause you’re most passionate about, like submitting additional FOIA requests or increasing editorial staff payroll. If you don’t want to earmark your money for a specific cause, don’t leave a comment — we assure you the money will be put to good use, like adding to Daily scholarship funds, replenishing the Daily’s endowment and improving software and hardware used constantly throughout the newsroom.
6. Follow the remaining directions on the Student Publications donation website to complete your gift.
If you’re interested in endowing an editorial staff position or scholarship fund at The Michigan Daily, please reach out to Mark Bealafeld at email@example.com. Please note that the 125th Anniversary Fundraising Campaign is currently in its “soft launch” phase, and more specifics, along with a more comprehensive plan for long-term capital campaigns, will be provided as the date of the Daily’s anniversary draws closer.
Thank you for your support.
The 2015 staff of The Michigan Daily