OMAHA — With senior captain Chris Summers out due to dizziness, it was clear that the Michigan defense was going to take a hit on the blueline when it took on Nebraska-Omaha in the Wolverines’ second game of the weekend.

But it wasn’t just the defense that underperformed. The offense left much to be desired as the Wolverines mustered just one goal against Nebraska-Omaha goalie John Faulkner, losing 4-1 to complete the sweep.

The weekend marks the first time Michigan has been swept on the road since Nov. 21-22, 2008, against Miami (Ohio).

Per usual, the Wolverines led in shots for most of the game, finishing with nine more shots than the Mavericks. But Michigan just couldn’t manage enough quality scoring chances to hang with Nebraska-Omaha, which consistently got behind the Wolverine defense and had nearly wide-open chances on junior goalie Bryan Hogan.

The only time Michigan was able to take advantage of a quality scoring chance was when junior Louie Caporusso’s pass was deflected in by a Nebraska-Omaha player’s skate and through the five-hole with just over three minutes remaining in the game.

In the first period, Maverick Nick Fanto got his pass around junior Ben Winnett and Scooter Vaughan couldn’t intercept it, leaving John Kemp open with little opposition. He fired a wrister past Hogan, who found himself out of position after the puck went across the ice, for the game’s first goal.

And Michigan never operated well from behind.

After again finding a Maverick open in front of the net for the game’s second goal, the Wolverines gave up two goals in less than 30 seconds to cement their defeat.

With the sweep, the Wolverines find themselves in seventh place in the CCHA standings. And with just two more series remaining and only three games at home, Michigan could be hard-pressed to climb out of the middle of the CCHA and garner an at-large bid in the NCAA Tournament.