The Game

Friday, October 31, 2014

March 29, 2011 - 8:22pm

Report: Big time recruits reconsider choosing USC

BY TIM ROHAN

Sports Illustrated.com is reporting that rivals.com five-star recruit Dillon Baxter is expected to reopen his options after rumors of USC coach Pete Carroll's reported departure from the school. ESPN has been consistently reporting that Carroll has a deal in principle to become the next head coach and President of the Seattle Seahawks of the NFL.

Baxter, as well as rivals.com No. 2 overall recruit WR Kyle Prater, are both said to be reconsidering their options according to the report.

"I'm wide open," Baxter said per Andy Staples of SI.com. "I'll talk to any college."

Prater was also cited in the report as saying he was heading home instead of being on his way to Southern California where he would've enrolled early at USC. Baxter and Prater were supposed to be roommates according to Staples.

And Staples also writes about how Michigan was the only other school Baxter visited, but that Baxter "never seriously considered the Wolverines." Rivals.com lists Michigan as one of the teams recruiting both Baxter and Prater.

Rivals.com also projects Prater as the nations top wide receiver at 6-foot-5 inches and Baxter as the nation's top running back.

No official announcement has been released from the Seahawks regarding the hiring of Pete Carroll, but the fallout from his potential move could benefit the Wolverines in terms of recruiting.

The SI.com report is right here:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/highschool/01/09/usc.recruiting/in...