For some students, Thursday nights in Ann Arbor may now be changed forever.

Local nightclub Studio 4 — located at 314 South Fourth Ave. — abruptly closed on June 3, and the once solid black front has now been painted orange, with no clear physical signs to indicate what may become of the space.

City attorney Kristen Larcom, who’s managing the case, said the closure comes in connection with a pending public nuisance lawsuit filed against Papa Chulo’s, the company that subleases the address, in addition to the club’s operator, Vickash Mangray of V.R. Entertainment Network, Inc., and Dennis Serras, the property owner. The lawsuit was finalized on Feb. 19, 2010.

According to a June 21 AnnArbor.com article, a fight occurred at Studio 4 the day before the club closed. Three people, including one in possession of a handgun, were arrested on June 2, the article states.

According to the lawsuit, which was provided to The Michigan Daily by Larcom, there have been more than 200 logged calls to the Ann Arbor Police Department regarding Studio 4 since September 2007. The majority of these calls were related to liquor license violations, disorderly conduct, assault and the request for police involvement in order to control crowds, the lawsuit states.

One of these calls to the police involved complaints of “a large and rowdy crowd” on Sept. 12, 2009, according to the lawsuit. There were between 700 and 800 people, some of whom became involved in “physical altercations,” according to the document.

Multiple calls to Mangray, Serras and representatives from Papa Chulo’s seeking comment this week went unreturned.

Now, one year later, the club’s ownership and identity are unknown. As of last week the only physical sign of business was located inside and read “Dream Niteclub & Lounge Is Not Responsible For Any Lost or Stolen Items.”

AnnArbor.com reported on Aug. 26 that the new “Dream Niteclub” was issued a liquor license and was set to open on Sept. 2. But after recent observations, there is no evidence that shows the club is up and running.

The lawsuit also contains a requirement that Studio 4 close altogether, or at least be closed on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

LSA junior Jordan Bailey said he never witnessed any violence at Studio 4, and it was a fun place to go, though it wasn’t his favorite club.

School of Music, Theatre & Dance senior Devin Lytle agreed, saying that Studio 4 was a “cool” club despite the hearsay about the various fights that occurred there.

“It’s always been a cool place to be,” Lytle said. “I’ve always went with a big group of friends, but I’ve heard that it could be sketchy.”

LSA sophomore Sophia Van Allsburg said the club might have an undeserved negative reputation.

“People who’ve never been there think that it’s a rough place, but when I’ve been there I haven’t experienced that side of it,” she said.