2013-08-01

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August 5, 2013 - 9:08pm

AAPD offers reward in DeWolf homicide case

BY AARON GUGGENHEIM

Updated: This blog has been updated with information about a reward also being offered by the University Police.

Twelve days after the homicide of medical student Paul DeWolf, the Ann Arbor Police Department is offering a $5,000 reward for information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of a suspect.

The investigation started July 24 after DeWolf was found fatally shot in the neck at his residence in the Phi Rho Sigma medical fraternity, with all of his possessions and valuables untouched.

The AAPD, with assistance from the Air Force Office of Special Investigations and the University Police, has been conducting an investigation into the homicide that has included increased patrols in the North Ingalls area where the Phi Rho Sigma fraternity is located and interviews of potential witnesses.

University Police Chief Joe Piersante said in a press release that the University Police are also offering a reward of $5,000 to match the reward the AAPD is offering for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a suspect.

Lt. Renee Bush of the AAPD said it is continuing to conduct an active investigation with the resources available.

Those with information are asked to call the AAPD tip line at 734-794-6939 or email TIPS@a2gov.org.