2011-07-05

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

July 28, 2011 - 6:45pm

Rodriguez selling home, stepping away from Michigan

BY STEPHEN J. NESBITT

Courtesy Edward Surovell Realtors

It's July, and Rich Rodriguez is officially moving on.

The former Michigan football head coach, who was relieved of his coaching duties in early January by Athletic Director Dave Brandon, accepted a college football broadcasting job with CBS Sports Network on June 14. Two weeks later, the Rodriguez family home in Saline, Mich. is up for sale.

The 2006 home was listed on July 1 by Edward Surovell Realtors in Saline for a sum of $1,895,000. The house features five bedrooms and six bathrooms situated on a 5,683 sq. foot structure.

According to the deed on the house, it was originally purchased by the family in May 2008, the spring Rodriguez moved from his post in West Virginia to Michigan.

"Distinctive home is the perfect choice for the discerning buyer with an eye for the finest craftsmanship and amenities," the online listing states. "The grand foyer features a breathtaking view of the 3 story atrium framed by the sweep of the curved staircase. Rooms of gracious proportions open to the private pool with waterfall for unequaled entertaining.

"Luxurious Master Wing with sitting room and private balcony, an exquisitely appointed bath that rivals any spa. Walk-out lower level has every amenity imaginable, including a (kitchen), theater, game rooms."

Just don't expect this one to come fully furnished — but you might get a football or two.

A photo of the study shows no less than five footballs, and two additional football-shaped trophies. It's no question that a tried and true football coach has been prowling the lengths of that study.

A Michigan football helmet also peeks out of a cabinet in the corner of the study.

Rodriguez lived in the home with his wife, Rita Rodriguez and their two children, Raquel and Rhett.

- Daily staff reporters Jake Smilovitz and Matt Aaronson contributed to this report.