2012-06-27

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

June 27, 2012 - 9:21am

Kennedy, Reynolds team up to release debut tracks as JDK & Rey

BY STEPHEN J. NESBITT

Courtesy Ryan Doyle, JDK & Rey Facebook page

It's no secret. When it comes to the musical side of the Michigan football team, quarterback Jack Kennedy has the rhymes and wide receiver Joe Reynolds has the pipes.

Kennedy, a redshirt senior, has released several freestyle raps on YouTube while Reynolds, a redshirt junior, performed at the annual Mock Rock event this spring playing guitar and showing off his impressive vocals.

The duo collaborated their contrasting styles under the name JDK & Rey and released a pair of tracks this week: "Kenny's Anthem" and "Away". They have created a Facebook page and are in the process of filming and editing two music videos, with the help of University alum Ryan Doyle, currently with Video Vision 360. Doyle was also the cameraman behind Mike Martin's webisode series released throughout Martin's senior year last year.

JDK & Rey posted a Facebook album of the music video filming that is as entertaining as the songs themselves. One photo features 11 Michigan players clowning as best they can for the camera. Another shows a sight that might make a Michigan fan cringe: Heisman hopeful senior quarterback Denard Robinson cruising around on a longboard.

Here is their first hit: "Away"

Here is No. 2: "Kenny's Anthem" (Warning: One explicit word in Kennedy's early intro. Cover young ears or give a loud cough. You know the drill.)

|