NA

Monday, September 22, 2014

March 8, 2012 - 2:37pm

Director of 'The Big Bang Theory' and 'Two and a Half Men' to visit 'U' this weekend

BY JULIAN AIDAN

While — much to the dismay of the student body — Charlie Sheen has yet to grace campus with his special brand of coked-out narcissism, the famed director of primetime hits “Big Bang Theory” and “Two and a Half Men” Mark Cendrowski will be stopping by this weekend.

This University of Michigan alumnus has decided to provide a tiger-blood free pair of educational sessions. His impressive and diverse resume also includes directing episodes of “Yes, Dear, Still Standing,” “According to Jim,” “Hannah Montana,” “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch” and “Wizards of Waverly Place.”

In addition to assisting with a SAC 290 class later today, he will be conducting a workshop this Friday afternoon starting at 3 p.m. in North Quad’s Shared Studio. With the aid of student actors from the University Theatre and Drama Department and scripts from “Big Bang Theory,” Cendrowski will focus on various intricacies of filming, including blocking actors, coaching performance and the ins-and-outs of multi-camera television production.

Students are encouraged to attend and participate in the filming. There will also be a Q&A session regarding his career and success in Hollywood as the director of multiple hit series.

|