Ever wonder what would happen if a bunch of A-list Hollywood actors started selling narcotics? While making fashion statements? Wonder no more! This weekend, prepare to be blown clean off the face of the earth as you watch the likes of Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt and Javier Bardem dive into the seedy world of drug trafficking in Ridley Scott’s latest, “The Counselor.” In addition to the stellar cast, the trailer promises us a character-driven story about greed and vice that only Cormac McCarthy (author of the script) could have thought up.

A-

“The Counselor”
20th Century Fox
Oct. 25

Though plot details, as they shouldn’t be, are never divulged, this film doesn’t look to be the melancholy contemplation on the passing of time that “No Country for Old Men” became. Instead, we get glimpses at white-hot bursts of violence and Cameron Diaz, playing a bisexual sociopath, petting, I shit you not, her two pet cheetahs. Ridley Scott, over the past few years, has established himself as one of those directors that likes to forsake substance for the extra ounce of style. I’m happy to say “The Counselor” looks to extend that streak. It may be two hours of under-developed and unnecessarily flashy performances, but as long as Bardem keeps that hairstyle, I’m not complaining.